Who We Are
Egan Energy Communications (EEC) is a national firm focusing on the unique communications needs of the electric, gas, and water industries across North America. Clients benefit from Founder and President John Egan’s 30+ years of experience in utility and energy issues — as a reporter, utility spokesman, marketing analyst, writer, speaker, coach, research director, and communications consultant.
As president of EEC, John has held workshops, conducted research and written content for a host of utility industry clients, top-tier management consulting firms, and solutions providers seeking to expand their presence in the utility industry.
Testimonials of EEC’s work can be found here. A list of clients can be found here.
What We Do
Since our inception in 2009, EEC’s mission has been to work with communicators and marketers in and around utilities to create content that helps turn their stakeholders into advocates. EEC has helped dozens of energy-industry communicators and marketers across the U.S. achieve better business results. Here’s how:
- by writing annual reports or marketing collateral, refreshing content on a website, creating a communications plan, and ghostwriting articles for trade publications
- by providing an outside and objective perspective to rework messaging, review or develop a communications plan, help companies move past deadlocked internal discussions, and conduct best-practice qualitative research
- by keeping important projects on schedule and meeting frequent deadlines for customer and employee newsletters, annual reports, press releases, and trade industry articles
- by raising clients’ visibility and building their brands in an increasingly crowded energy market through securing conference speaking engagements, conducting media relations campaigns, and writing case studies
Sometimes utility communicators and marketers can be the closest to significant events happening within their companies and need an outside perspective to help them distill a message into concise, high-impact content that answers the question, “What’s in this for me?”
This case study describes how EEC devises content strategy solutions for its energy company clients and the value created for them.
Who We Serve
- Utility communicators and marketers at all organizational levels seeking a fresh perspective on strategy and messaging while dealing with new projects, tight deadlines, and not enough staff
- Management consulting firms that want to capture new business in the energy ecosystem
- Solutions providers seeking cost-effective ways to raise their profile and develop new business among energy companies
- Public affairs executives at energy companies struggling with knotty public issues like falling customer satisfaction, rising utility prices, or meeting regulatory mandates on renewable energy or energy efficiency programs
Whatever your role or title, if you operate in the utility and energy sector and have responsibility for communications or marketing, EEC can help you create strategic and valuable content to strengthen your relations with your many stakeholders.
What You Receive
A successful engagement entails many intangibles that flow from the way we interact with clients. Here are some of the other benefits you will receive when you work with EEC:
- Personal and customized service tailored to your business goals/needs
- Peace of mind in meeting deadlines
- Industry expertise when you need someone to “speak your language”
- Flexible pricing options that work within your budget.
WHERE WE SERVE
EEC has served a network of clients across the United States.